Take a Look Around the Georgia Tech Campus.
Then Join the AE School for a Visit.
The AE campus is eminently walkable. Most of the classroom, lab, and office facilities can be found in the Daniel Guggenheim, Montgomery Knight, Engineering Science & Mechanics (ESM) and Weber buildings, all located on Ferst Drive and Cherry Streets. Additional on-campus facilities include the Ben T. Zinn Combustion Lab, and the High-Power Electric Propulsion Lab, both located in the Research Park on North Avenue; the Institute's Observatory, located atop the Howey Physics Building; and the autonomous racetrack facility on Marietta Street. Off-campus facilities at Ft. Benning and in Cobb County allow faculty and students tremendous freedom in testing unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs) and new space craft designs.
In-person visit of the School of Aerospace Engineering can be scheduled here.
Live-virtual visit of the School of Aerospace Engineering can be scheduled here.
If you are not able to make any of the sessions for AE visits, watch the AE Virtual Prospective Student Info Session video.
Montgomery Knight Building
270 Ferst Drive, NW
- Assistant Director for Operations - Suite 311
- Human Resources - Suite 311
- Academic Advising Office - Room 312
- AE Development - Suite 301
- Academic Advising Manager - Suite 301
- Loewy Library - Suite 302
- AE Computer Lab - Room 318
- Cognitive Engineering Center - 425
- AE Machine Shop - Basement
- Dynamics & Control Systems Lab
- Low Turbulence Wind Tunnel
- Structures Laboratory
Daniel Guggenheim Building
265 North Ave., NW
- Computational Combustion Laboratory
- Georgia Space Grant Consortium - 447
- Harper Wind Tunnel - Basement
Weber Space Science & Technology Buildings
275 & 281 Ferst Drive, NW
- Aerospace Systems Design Lab (ASDL)
- Yang Aero Maker Space - Second Floor
- Space Systems Design Lab (SSDL) - Third Floor
- Collaborative Visual Environment (CoVE) auditorium - Third Floor
- Collaborative Design Environment (CoDE) auditorium - Third Floor
Engineering, Science, and Mathematics (ESM)
620 Cherry Street, NW
- Air Transportation Laboratory
- Center for Advanced Machine Mobility (CAMM)
- Center for Space Systems
Driving south on I-75/85 into Atlanta
Take Exit #249D (North Avenue). At the top of the exit ramp, turn right onto North Avenue. Cross Techwood Drive (the first light) and continue on North Avenue to Cherry Street (before the next light, Tech Parkway). Take a right on Cherry Street. When Cherry Street ends, take a left onto Ferst Drive. The entrance to the Montgomery Knight Building is on your left.
To park, continue down Ferst Drive to the GT Student Center parking lot, on your right.
Driving north on I-75/85 into Atlanta
Take Exit #249D (Spring Street/West Peachtree). At the top of the exit ramp, proceed through the first intersection (Spring Street). At the next intersection (West Peachtree), turn left. Continue on West Peachtree for approximately one block and turn left on North Avenue. Cross over the interstate and Techwood Drive. Continue on North Avenue, take a right on Cherry Street, and a left onto Ferst Drive. The entrance to the Montgomery Knight Building is on your left. Parking is available in the Student Center Parking lot, further down Ferst Drive on your right.
For more options visit GT Visitor Parking.
MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority)
- The MARTA north line trains take you from the airport baggage claim to the Midtown (N4) station.
From the Student Center lot, you can easily walk back down Ferst Drive, where you will find the Weber Building on your left and the Montgomery Knight Building across the street on your right. The ESM building is on the corner of Cherry Street and Ferst Drive. The School's main administration is located in Montgomery Knight 311.