Take a Look Around.
NOTE: During the Spring of 2020, the Georgia Tech campus has been temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 situation. Campus visits will be resume when the health situation improves. In th meantime, we invite prospective students to learn more about the demands and benefits of a Georgia Tech degree by viewing this virtual Info Session.
The AE campus is eminently walkable. Most of the classroom, lab, and office facilities can be found in the Daniel Guggenheim, Montgomery Knight, Engineering Science & Mechanics (ESM) and Weber buildings, all located on Ferst Drive and Cherry Streets. Additional on-campus facilities include the Ben T. Zinn Combustion Lab, and the High-Power Electric Propulsion Lab, both located in the Research Park on North Avenue; the Institute's Observatory, located atop the Howey Physics Building; and the autonomous racetrack facility on Marietta Street. Off-campus facilities at Ft. Benning and in Cobb County allow faculty and students tremendous freedom in testing unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs) and new space craft designs.
During the Spring of 2020, we have temporarily closed the campus to outside visitors due to COVID-19. But prospective students can 'visit' us by clicking on this AE prospective student info session.
Once the COVID-19 situation has subsided, you can sign up online for one of the tours that is conducted Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 a.m. The schedule is a little lighter after the Spring and Fall Commencements, in May and December.
Your Key: Your BuzzCard
If you are a student, faculty, or staff person, admittance to most AE facilities is regulated with your BuzzCard. This magnetized ID card is programed to meet the specific access needs of faculty, staff, and students. Keys to specific locales are issued to faculty, staff, and, at the discretion of supervising faculty or staff, to students. Problems with the BuzzCard or requests for keys should go to the AE assistant director for operations, whose office is in Montgomery Knight 311.
If you are working in one of the locked labs or in another restricted environment, you will need to fill out a Key Request form in order to gain access. You may download a form now or obtain one from the AE operations manager in Montgomery Knight 311.
Here's a look at what's inside:
270 Ferst Drive, NW
- AE School Chair - Suite 311
- Assistant Director for Operations - Suite 311
- Human Resources - Suite 311
- Academic Advising Office - Room 312
- Offices of Communications and Development - Suite 301
- Academic Advising Manager - Suite 301
- Loewy Library - Suite 302
- AE Computer Lab - Room 318
- Cognitive Engineering Center - 425
- AE Machine Shop - Basement
- Aero Maker Space - Basement
- Dynamics & Control Systems Lab
- Low Turbulence Wind Tunnel
- Structures Laboratory
265 North Ave., NW
- Computational Combustion Laboratory
- Georgia Space Grant Consortium - 447
- Harper Wind Tunnel - Basement
275 & 281 Ferst Drive, NW
- Aerospace Systems Design Lab (ASDL)
- Aero Maker Space - Second Floor
- Space Systems Design Lab (SSDL) - Third Floor
- Collaborative Visual Environment (CoVE) auditorium - Third Floor
- Collaborative Design Environment (CoDE) auditorium - Third Floor
620 Cherry Street, NW
- Air Transportation Laboratory
- Center for Advanced Machine Mobility (CAMM)
- Center for Space Systems