Join the Aerospace Engineering School for an Online Recognition Ceremony for the Class of 2020
The Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering will be celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2020 in two online ceremonies. Once it is safe to do so, the Institute will stage a commencement celebration which will be in-person. If you are a 2020 Spring graduate, you are welcome to attend the virtual or the in-person or both ceremonies.
If you are on schedule to graduate this Spring with a BS, MS, or PhD, and you would like to celebrate now, please join us:
A video of this ceremony will be made public afterwards. Students: Look for a BlueJeans link to the live ceremony in your email and in the April 27 AErial View.
*A video of this ceremony will be made public afterwards. Students: look for a BlueJeans link to the live ceremony in your email and in the April 27 AErial View.
What do Spring 2020 Aerospace Engineering degree candidates need to do?
|Template #3: Fill out YOUR slide template so we can recognize you during the Virtual Recognition ceremonies.|
If you are on schedule to graduate, and you want to participate in the Virtual Recognition Ceremony, you need to download and complete one of the four graduation templates (see below) and return it to the appropriate dropbox by Sunday April 26 at 4 pm. That slide will be used by us to announce you during the Virtual Recognition Ceremony.
Please download and fill out ONE of the following templates
- YOUR NAME - A slide with just your first and last name .
- YOUR NAME & PHOTO - A slide with your name and a photo of your choosing
- YOUR NAME, PHOTO, & ACCOMPLISHMENTS - A slide with your name, photo, and selected honors or accomplishments.
- YOUR NAME, PHOTO, ACCOMPLISHMENTS & QUOTE - A slide with all of the above, plus a brief quote
Template Submission Directions
- Please select and complete just one template, following the suggested length for text and photo size.
- Tell us how to pronounce your name by giving us a phonetic spelling in the notes section of your slide.
e.g. "Soo-zan Jawn-sun" if your name is Susan Johnson
- Save the template using the following file naming convention: “Last name, first name - and degree type"
e.g. "Doe, Jane -BS" or "Doe, John -MS" or "Smith, Mary- PhD"
- Once you have named your slide file, upload it to the appropriate dropbox, below:
|Template #3: This is an example of the slides that we will show during the Virtual Recognition ceremonies. Fill yours out and send it soon.|
All Slides are due by 4 pm on Sunday, April 26, 2020.
You do not need to have a dropbox account to use this dropbox
How will we celebrate the Class of 2020 online?
All of the AE School's Spring degree candidates will be individually recognized during an online ceremony that will be streamed to friends, family members, alumni and future employers around the globe. Using BlueJeans to open up the ceremony to all interested parties, we will have opening remarks from the AE School Chair, Prof. Mark Costello, a special graduation speaker, and, most importantly, the public pronouncement of all the degree candidates. A video will be compiled that will be made available after the ceremony.
NOTE: This ceremony will celebrate a milestone, but a degree is formally conferred only after the Registrar has done a final audit of your degree requirements.