We are still there for you.
To the AE Student Body,
As we come into the final days of the academic year, I want to commend you all for acclimating so quickly and efficiently to online course instruction and remote research. If anything bespeaks your readiness for the rapidly changing work world, it's the graceful way in which you have handled this transition.
Maintaining high academic standards during this rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation has been no small challenge. Fortunately, we have some relevant experience to draw upon: the AE School has offered a very competitive and successful MSAE Distance Learning program for more than a decade. We understand the basics of online education. I also want to thank the AE faculty and staff for working tirelessly to make this new normal seem, well, normal. Every conversation, debate, or proposed change has been tempered by one consideration: how can we make this work for the greatest number of students?
It still is.
The entire Aerospace Engineering School leadership team joins me in wishing you much success on your final exams, in your summer plans, and beyond. On Thursday and Friday, April 30 and May 1, the AE School will hold two online Recognition Ceremonies - one for graduate students and the other for undergraduates. I hope, wherever you are, you can join us for these celebrations.
We may not be walking together in the halls, but when it comes to celebrating our graduates, we are all in this together.
Connect with Georgia Tech COVID-19 Resources
The main page for Georgia Tech COVID-19 Updates is http://health.gatech.edu/coronavirus
Any and all emergencies should always be reported to the Georgia Tech Police Department: 404.894.2500
In addition, you might want to visit:
- NEW! Georgia Tech Fights Back (a compendium of news stories about Tech's response)
- Student Guide: Where do I go for help? (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Students
- Georgia Tech Academic Continuity Student Resources
- Georgia Tech OIT Issues? Try these FAQs
Connect with the AE School
A Message on Class Registration
This message comes from Prof. Stephen Ruffin, associate chair for the Undergraduate Program.
Registration begins March 23.
In Summer 2020, please note that the following course is added to our usual set of offerings:
AE Options courses (Fall 2020):
Courses which are either new or only taught periodically (Fall 2020)
A Message for GRAs and GTAs
The following message from Prof. Mitchell Walker, associate chair for Graduate Studies, was updated March 23:
Graduate Students and Postdocs: ALL research on campus is to stop by 5 p.m. on Thursday (March 19, 2020). Work with your faculty advisor to coordinate your off-campus research activity. Your faculty research advisor will contact you if you are allowed to continue your on-campus research activities beyond March 19, 2020.
Graduate Teaching Assistants: You need to be available to work with your course instructor the week of Monday, March 23, to prepare for remote instruction starting Monday, March 30, and thereafter to remotely support the delivery of this instruction. Work with the course instructor and your faculty advisor to confirm your plans.
The AE academic office will use a variety of means to connect with both undergraduate and graduate students. Here are some ways that you can expect to connect with us.
- Email: You can still directly email the advising staff to process permits, forms, and petitions and to ask routine questions.
- For general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Undergraduate Advisor: Brittany Hodges email@example.com
- For Undergraduate Advising Manager: Chris Lundy firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Associate Chair of Undergraduate Programs: Prof. Stephen Ruffin
email@example.com or schedule an appointment at ruffin.setmore.com
- For Associate Chair of Graduate Programs: Prof. Mitchell Walker firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Graduate Academic Assistant, Kamaria Richards: email@example.com
- Phone: Call us with your advising or other questions.
- Kamaria Richards: 404-894-3471
- Chris Lundy: 404-385-1595
- Brittany Hodges: 404-894-3433
- Canvas: Use Canvas to receive course information
and communicate directly with your instructors
- Blue Jeans: Use Blue Jeans to conduct video-conference
advising or online learning
- Buzzport/GradesFirst: Undergraduates, please make your advising appointments through GradesFirst, which is in your Buzzport account. You can reach out to either advisor, but here are the preferred contacts according to your last name.
Connect with Other AE Resources
- AE faculty and staff are encouraged to visit the AE Intranet for work-related messages.
NOTE: You must VPN in to the AE Intranet
- AE Communications Office firstname.lastname@example.org
(If you need to promote or cancel an event or opportunity...or if you have a story for us!)
- AE Computer Access, Hardware and Support Matters: email@example.com
- AE Research Lab and Equipment Matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AE Building Access and Safety Matters: email@example.com
- GT Employee Assistance - available to all healthcare benefits-eligible employees*
- ANY EMERGENCY should be reported to the Georgia Tech Police Department 404-894-2500
* employees who do not fall into this category should contact the AE HR Coordinator to discuss possible options