Undergraduate Academic Advising Pages
Some advisors in the AE department are using this web-based appointment scheduling program for appointments. If you do not know the name of your advisor, you can also use this page to find out.
Use this APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER to make an appointment with your assigned faculty advisor. Please note that your AE Advisor will first have to define and upload his/her schedule so that you will be able to select a suitable time from among those available. If you do not see an appointment schedule for your Advisor, please contact him/her to see if he/she is using this capability. If he/she is not using this scheduler, you shoud follow the instructions you receive from your AE Advisor to schedule appointments.
To make an appointment with the AE staff advisor (Ms. Daurette Joseph) or to contact advisors in other schools, visit the Georgia Tech advising page.
RULES & REGULATIONS
A summary of key rules and regulations governing the AE undergraduate program of study is provided here. This information supplements that found in the latest Georgia Tech Catalog, which is the authoritative source for Georgia Tech Rules and Regulations.
- AE Undergraduate Student Handbook
- The AE Student Handbook (Oct 2000, Revised June 23, 2004) provides useful information to help you plan and carry out your program of study in Aerospace Engineering.
- AE Guidelines for Final Exams
- The Institute no longer allows exemptions from final exams for graduating students. Here are the details of how final exams are handled in AE..
- AE Policy for Readmission After Being Dropped for Academic Reasons
- These are specific AE requirements for readmission and supplement the Institute rules
ADVICE FOR AE UNDERGRADUATES
Look here to find the very latest information about the AE undergraduate programs of study. Information is pertinent to the present term and to upcoming terms, including the latest course offerings and any breaking news from the Registrar or Deans Office. We'll try to keep this updated frequently!
- Academic Advising Process in AE
- AE requires that you meet with your advisor at least once a semester to plan your program of study before you will be allowed to pre-register for the next term. The process is explained here. You can SCHEDULE an APPOINTMENT with your Advisor during the times he/she has posted prior to pre-registration. This link also allows you to find out who your AE Advisor is, even if he/she does not use the online appointment scheduling..
- AE FAQ's
- This is a new page that has just been added. We are trying to collect together some of the most frequently asked quesions (FAQ's) to help answer your questions. Check here first, then dig deeper or contact your AE Academic Advisor.
AE PROGRAM OF STUDY INFORMATION
This information should help you plan your program of study. It is a collection of useful information and links to other information. It is updated less frequently than the "Advice for AE Undergraduates" page above.
- Required Courses for BSAE Degree
- Listing of the required courses for the BSAE degree under the semester system. Please also see the link to the course outlines for AE courses.
- Elective Courses in AE
- AE electives are no longer specified in the semester program but AE elective courses in areas of interest to undergraduate students will still be offered and can be used to meet the Free Elective requirement (currently 10 hours). See this area for detailed course listing for these valuable elective courses!
- Tentative Course Schedule for AE Courses
- The schedule of when courses are planned to be offered. Look here to find tentative course schedules for fuure semesters, but remember that the OSCAR has the final information! The tentative listings do not imply that the listed courses will definitely be offered or that no other courses will be added. We will try to update this as soon as new information is available.
- Transfer and AP Credit
- Here is information on how AP credit is handled and how you can apply for transfer credit for courses taken at other universities.
- This page contains electronic copies of useful forms. In some cases, however, only the multi-part paper forms can be used. See the AE Academic Office or the Registrar's Office for further information.